Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dialysis Jobs: The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Creative Cooking for Renal Diabetic Diets

Review Of Book.
Pros:

As stated already, the print is large and the recipes are simple. Ingredients are easy to find.

Cons:

Recipes are made for 6 servings. In my case, I am cooking for two people, so I have taken to entering the recipes into MasterCook 8 so I can tailor them if needed. As a result, I often find the numbers are wrong in the back of the book. Usually MasterCook numbers will match 1 or 2 of the book's assessment. This causes concern when a person has to count the amount of potassium for the day. At times, I have concern about some of the amounts of potassium or sodium in the recipes, seeming too high for their health.

My view:

I am thrilled to have the book as a jumping off point, for assessing what my folks can eat in a day. Since I do not live with them, I use some of the recipes, the ones that adapt to it, as frozen meals which my parents can fix when they need them. This gives me peace of mind about the foods they are eating. I wish that they book would be updated a bit, have a bit more information in it about renal diabetic diets. 

The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Creative Cooking for Renal Diabetic Diets

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...